Monday, December 31, 2012

A New Year for a New YOU! Time to get it in 2013!

It's about an hour after the New Year has begun here in the KC, MO area and I'm thinking about what goals I have for this New Year. I would call them resolutions, but since those have a connotation of being given up after the first couple week, I'm going to list some attainable goals.


  • First and foremost, I want to be in my goal weight. I've been working hard towards this for a while, but am still about 15-20 pounds away. Now, I say goal weight because I'm going to do this the healthy and proper way with no special medications or starvation diets. I'm going to exercise daily, or at the least to do my best to make it through the workout.
  • I will track my nutrition daily through MyFitnessPal - username cjfaulkenberry12. By doing this, I will be apply to stay on task and remind myself of when and why I eat what I do. I've ate healthy before and not so healthy before, and I have seen just how much of a difference it can make.
  • I will journal my progress on a daily/weekly basis. By saying this, I mean that I will write down how I feel on a daily basis based on what I have ate and what workouts I have done, among other activities. For a weekly basis will be a weekly weigh in, probably every Sunday or Monday morning, to check my progress. Biweekly I will measure myself to see what changes have occurred there as after a certain point in time it's possible I will weigh more but be thinner because of more lean muscle mass - which is definitely what I want to happen. This blog will be the main source of my journal!
  • I plan to complete multiple Beachbody programs in their entirety this year - RevAbs, P90X, 10 Minute Trainer are the ones I have to begin with. I have known about Beachbody for nearly four years now, became a coach approximately three months ago, but have never finished a Beachbody program in its entirety. I got through a month and a half of P90X at one point, and that is the farthest I had gotten. I've been working on making it through RevAbs, but after getting really sick during the first week of Phase 2 and then having to travel I gave up - something I NEVER plan on doing again!
  • And in all of this, I plan to have fun and enjoy myself as I gain a new body and new perspectives as to what I am capable of!

All that being said, yesterday morning I did the first day of RevAbs. Tomorrow I will wake up and do Day 2 of RevAbs. I will record my energy levels at the end of the day, what I've ate throughout the day, how many calories I burned, what my net calories are, etc. So, for yesterday my post would be something like the following:

Brought it for Day 1 of RevAbs and burned 612 calories doing Total Strength and Mercy Abs. I unfortunately didn't make it through the end of MercyAbs because my abs were crying for mercy but I went as long as I could only missed the third and final round. For breakfast I had a chocolate vegan shakeology with unsweetened almond milk and 1 tbsp of peanut butter - a common breakfast staple for me now after my introduction to Shakeology! Lunch ended up being a 10 piece of chicken nuggets at Wendy's - which I wasn't happy about but knew we weren't stopping for food for several more hours (boys and their computer toys....now I know how they feel when we take them clothes shopping!!). Dinner was scrambled egg whites with garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper, deli turkey and some wheat bread with apple butter. Approximately 8-9 cups of water (knew I should've brought a water bottle as well - should have asked for a new one for Christmas!!). And in celebration of New Years, I had a couple of chocolate chip cookies and some Vanilla Almond Dream Almond Bites. My husband also bought me some 70% dark chocolate but I'm saving that for later!

Come again tomorrow to see how Day 2 of RevAbs/Day 1 of 2013 goes for me! I'd love to hear how you are doing with your health and nutrition and if there is anything I can do to help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment