Saturday, May 18, 2013

Days 12 and 13

So, yesterday was Burn Circuit 3 and I got to use my brand new 8 pound dumbbells. They were definitely a challenge, but a very welcome challenge. When I first started using them I was afraid my shoulder would start acting up again, but nope, I'm perfectly fine and actually not terribly sore from it either. I only use the 8 pound dumbbell for 5 of the 9 workouts, and the others I bumped from 3 pounds to 5 pounds for yesterdays workout. She's right when she says in the video that really don't know how strong you are until you try it out and see what happens. I kept telling myself my shoulders were too weak to handle more than 3 pounds, and I was able to use 8 pounds yesterday!!

Today was Burn It Off and Recharge, basically super intense cardio followed by super intense flexibility training (aka yoga). Great workout with a 500 calorie burn. Now sipping on some delicious Shakeology before hopping in the shower and then getting ready to go have a girls day with the mom and sister! So exciting! We're going to see Gatsby, have lunch at Fazoli's I believe (where I'll probably end up with a kid size meal as those are the more accurate portion control - and only two breadsticks). No candy at the movie, but definitely some water!

Tomorrow is a rest day! I have definitely earned my rest day this week and will make it a legit rest day, although I will have to take care of doing laundry, but that's fine.

So, halfway through Phase 1 of ChaLEAN Extreme. I haven't seen any huge results yet, but I can feel them on their way. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment